I also still have quite a few things more to learn about painting. Lighting, color theory, and what have you. It's going to be a process and I'll constantly be learning something new. But that's how it's always been in art, eh?
Here are some pieces I've done recently that I'm sort of proud of in terms of having painted them, if not in quality. In order from newest to oldest.
"Fishman" is an unfinished piece. I might come back to it later on, but there's a lot in this that's needs to be fixed up. I need to find a good reference for the water surface, too. I tried rendering from memory/gut feeling, but it didn't really turn out too well, obviously.
"Irish Wolfhound in a Suit with a Katana" was an idea thrown at me during a streaming session. There are a lot of mistakes in this piece, but it was a learning experience, I guess.
Something I really want to learn to paint is environments. It's a form of painting that I just really enjoy looking at. This piece, "Northlands", was inspired by the universe my characters live in. This is could be a depiction of the cold north of the continent they live on.
"Xantoucan" was a spin on one of my character's names, and also my usual internet alias, after some friends couldn't properly pronounce it in a Skype voice call. It kind of stuck and has become kind of a nickname, heh.
This piece was referenced from a photo of a red deer (found through Google). I like dhow it turned out and had at this point decided I really wanted to get better at painting.
"Nature's Saviour" was my first real attempt at a speedpaint.


.png)



No comments:
Post a Comment